Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vintage Street Market challenge

I joined in a challenge over at Vintage Street Market this month and actually it is their first challenge!!  They give you a list of  ingredients and you make something using those specific ingredients.  This one had to contain a vintage bingo card, some bakers twine, millenary flowers (which are adorable) and their clear plastic snowflakes!!  LOVE the set I bought from them too!! you get 2 small, 1 large and also 2 dangling clear teardrops one large and one small.  SOOOOOOOOo here is what  I made for the challenge.  Since we are still in winter and snow and you had to use the snowflakes I decided to do a new and altered wall hanging.  I cut out a piece of thin wood and added some distressed light blue crackeled paper then some vintage sheet music out of an old recycled hymnal, tore it and distressed the edges to prim perfection!!   


Cut out layers of chipboard for the big red flower, painted, stamped, sanded and distressed that then layered it together. 

I added some blue gemstones to the centers of the snowflakes to tie in the blues. 

Wrapped cappacino colored bakers twine around the bottom of piece then also included a vintage milk bottle stopper and stamped a bit of flourishes around andddddddddddddd

added the saying Wintry blessings using some brown HEIDI GRACE brown rub on letters anddddddddddddddd behind the card I also cut and inked a piece of a round doiley and white mini millenery flowers.   A light blue glass bead hangs below with the clear pendant from Vintage Street Market and it is ready to hang!!   I am pleased with the finished product.  Just the right amount of bling and primitive for this gal!!
My mom and I took my brother shopping yesterday and let me tell you we covered alot of ground in 5 hours.  We spent the majority of the time in Kohls though but saved almost $200.00 on stuff we bought! Love those after xmas sales and discounts they give!! There was a ton of things 60% off and my mom also got a coupon for 30% additional off the total sale!!  WOO HOO!! gotta love that!!
And I bought my boys something special from there that they love! Each one and my mom's dog Axle each got a stuffed animal from their for a toy!!  A cute green bird!!  I will take some pics of it as it is realyyyyyyyyy cute!!


Also we spent quite a bit of time in Michaels and Hobby Lobby buyin up some new yarns. 

She made this awesome multi colored scarf!~! I love using different fibers and yarns in them as it really makes them unique and different!!   FOR SALE HERE TOO!!  if interested just email me or check em out on my etsy shop.
 This one is done and ready to ship out to ya. Burgandy, steel grey, ecru, brown and a bit of slate blue and black are the colors in this wonderful scarf. She made one for me awhile back and I love it!! IT is warm, so soft and 100% made in the us using only the finest quality yarns. Pure wool, brushed bamboo fibers, alpaca wool and only made in us fibers have been used.


The scarf is 57 in long not including the tassels on ends, and is 8 inches wide. A great lenght to wrap around for extra coverage. MADE IN A SMOKE FREE HOME!!

 
I am going to do the CR84FN color challenge too and this week I am really excited as it will be used for 2 challenges!!  The colors are absolutely perfect!! red, kraft, and brown!! just in time for valentines day things!!  YEAH!!
I am off to work on a layout from yesterday for the Scrap-Friendzy skethathon and also todays card.   I dont want to get behind as I have markets next week so will be at the kitchen alot.  4 markets next week!!  lots of baking for me!!
Hope yall have a wonderuful family packed sunday!!
HUGS
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: