Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunshiney days and a snippett roll


It has been forever since I last posted. Tried a few times right after valentines day but my pics were taking wayyyyyyyy too long and I had a busy week so didnt have time to keep monkeying around with blogger.  Maybe it was our puter but I really dont think so.  Well I am back and will be posting more things I am working on.  


I had a cookie making festival at the kitchen before valentines day.  Chocolate chip, peanut butter, peanut butter cream filled cookie pies, espresso cookie pies with espresso infused buttercream filling, chai infused shortbread flowers, shortbread hearts, and chocolate chip cookie pies with peanut butter cream filling.  WHEW!! that was a busy busy day. 

Here are a few pics of some of the arrangementes we made for the shop for that wonderful day St Valentines!! 





These were my favo rose this year!~ they opened up just beautifully and those colors were magnifiscent. 



And on to my lastest project!! A snippett roll!!  WHAT fun this was to make!~~  4 of my friends on my craftin forum decided to do a snippett roll swap.   They are really a great way to use up all bits and pieces of wellllllllllll snippetts of this that and everything else.   So I got out some stamps, some pieces of lace, fabric bits, some beads and some scraps in my scrapbook paper stash, and of cource buttons!~! 

Fibers and ribbons and lace oh my!!!  what fun! 

The black backround fabric was perfect!! I found it while out thrift store shopping with my mom and brother, it had flowers embroidered all over it in a silvery shimmery thread so that blended in just great.   I can say I would do one of these again!! it was so fun to be creative and unique.   When I get all 5 of them I am gonna connect them and will share those pics.  
Well I am off to maybe work outside, we have had sun almost all week and in the 40s so it has been so like early spring round here and I for one am loving this!!  Should go to the kitchen and work on some things but I can do that tomorrow!!  I did make up calzones and they went over really well, our chicken pot pies were all gone before 11 am at market friday and my vegetable pasties went almost just as quickly.  Gotta make more of my pie dough and with a full menu out this week I gotta get busy!!  Hope yall have a blessed sunday and I will be back soon!!
HUGS
*DARLENE*


I wanted this to be on the prim side and the first one I started working on just wasnt gonna be prim enough for me so I started over with a new idea in mind.  My theme if you will for these was "take time to create"  I cut out pics of clocks and sewn them onto old vintage sheet music papers, the words create art is stamped onto a heart cutout, Love is stamped onto a piece of muslin that opens up to reveal a ticket stub and a verse about happiness. 

~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~