Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY HAPPY 4th OF JULY YALL~~

Hey YALL~~ hope you and your families has a wonderful fun filled fourth of July!~  and THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN who fight daily for our freedom!~
I cant believe it has been so long since I posted on my blog!!  SORRY!  things are just hectic and crazy busy at my markets and we had a problem with the puter so I wasnt on much last week at all.  I have been making some new treats and some old ones and new goodies.  This week since produce is coming in nicely I used up some sweet candy onions and peppers to make some salsas. 
 Pineapple black bean and Black bean pear were the two made and also I did up a gourmet tuscan pasta salad with a white balsamic vinagrette
This was really good, black kalamato olives and some fresh grated parmesan cheese and some olive oil were added to the veggies and some fresh pasta.










 black bean n pear salsa  This had a bit of heat from some jalapeno peppers but really was very tasty



Did up some foccacia breads, a parmesan topped one and also fresh rosemary topped ones.


My roasted pepper parmesan tarts went over very well.  Just made some cornmeal crusted pie dough then added some parmesan cheese, oregano, red orange and yellow sweet peppers, olive oil and a bit of kosher salt


Red raspberries are starting so I did up some raspberry muffins topped with some toasted almonds

A favo of mine  Cheese filled crumb cakes with red raspberries


packaged up and almost ready for market

So it was a busy fun week.   I have to say I ran out and bought Martha Stewarts new pies and tarts cookbook!! WHAT A SUPER BOOK!!  I love cookbooks and I do love Martha so this was a perfect adddition to my library.  I definetly reccommend this book as it has some wonderful recipes, great and easy ideas and well LOVE all the gorgeous photos!! every recipe has a photo and I love that idea.  Cant wait to make some this week!!
Lavender is ready so will be making a few goodies like my lavender lemon shortbread cookies, lavender topped lemon tarts and maybe something with lavender sorbet!!?? 
I will try to post more this week!
have a happy happy day and talk more soon!!
happy baking yall!!
HUGS
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: