Saturday, January 6, 2018

Happy 2018!!!

Here we are in another year already!!  I am really going to try and keep my blog updated better this year!!  LOL one of my new years resolutions!!  So life on the farm has been a bit difficult we have had some losses this month already with this super artic cold weather we have lost 4 of our baby pigs and our beloved Petunia our pot belly pig.  You know she loved Appy my horse that we lost in October and she hasn't been the same without him.  She would spend all day laying next to or under him in their barn, we moved her inside the pig house just before the snow started thinking it would be warmer in there and she would have a stall all to herself but she just hasn't done well, and she wasn't acting herself.  We rescued her from people that had her in a tiny dog kennel and really no idea of her age.  I know she was quite the happy gal when we brought her home and let her have run of the pasture. 
This was our second liter from Thelma, she had 12 and we have lost 4 of them.  They are the cutest and so sweet~!!  Love pigly wigglies!!


This is the memorial my wonderful boyfriend made for me for my dear best friend and first love Appy.  
I made a  gluten free salad  using fresh chopped kale, dried cranberries, red onion, apples, feta cheese, fresh herbs and also an orange vinaigrette.  Now keeping in mind I really really don't like kale much this salad was delish!!! It has been selling at the café so others must agree!

We had an extra bunch of roma tomatoes this week come in so I roasted them and made tomato parmesan soup and oh my goodness!! So yummy!! this actually would have been really good as a creamy pasta sauce!! hmmmm next time I will try that~~

We are having yet another winter storm!! 12 more inches came last night and its still coming down our there~  AHHHH Michigan winters, Love the snow!!  This is like the winters we had when I was a kid.  


this pretty much is what came last night!!
 Well I am going to go for now but will be back very soon to let you see other things I have been up to and there is a long list of things well, goals I have for this year for my creative side!!
 Have a great weekend yall!!!  
STAY WARM AND SAFE!!


LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: