Tuesday, August 10, 2010

blueberry cheese filled pierogi and more

So yesterday my dear friend Mary and I worked like crazy making things for markets this week especially for blueberry festival sat!  One of our concoctions was a blueberry and cheese filled pierogi topped with just a bit of sugar. 
I strained some cottage cheese out do be dry and added a mini scoop of that then topped with some fresh blueberries, after boiling them for 2 min they were topped with sugar for a super great treat!  The flavor was awesome and I was quite impressed with this combo!!  They are kind of like my moms cheese and fruit filled crepes but with thicker dough.  I will def be bringin these guys to market!~
Egg whites being beat for a new recipe I got for coconut macaroons!! OH MY WORD these are the best!! They took on such a super nice color with toastin the coconut.   Then if they werent decadent enough I melted some quality chocolate down and dipped their little bottoms in it and drizzeled just a touch ontop of them.So cute, they needed to be dressed up a bit with a tiny paper cup and then I packaged them by 2 in a bag with a tag.

I can see makin these alot, and maybe even tryin some new flavors I can just see them made with some almonds or hazelnuts too. Plenty o pkgs for sat.This was a perfect looking blueberry cream cheese filled crumb cake.  They turn out so pretty I just want to dig right in with a spoon!!  LOL these are for sale if one just doesnt suit me enough it will be for desert for us!!   LOL
I am thinkin of makin them with some fresh peaches today, who doesnt love cream cheese filling?  certainly not me!!  I am also plannin on makin some of my grandmothers southern peach cobbler today and crisp and maybe even some peach blueberry muffins and peach bluebery cake!!  Which reminds me enough time on puter I gotta get my apron on and get my happy bakin butt to the kitchen like NOW!!  LOL
Have a blessed tues yall and happy bakin and eatin!!

HUGS!!
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

3 comments:

Georgiana said...

Where can I purchase these pierogi? Do you have a store too?
Please e-mail at retired7@chartermi.net

Georgiana said...

How can I purchase these pierogi? Do you have a store too? I live in Holland. Please e-mail me retired7@chartermi.net

Georgiana said...

How can I purchase these pierogi? Do you have a store too? I live in Holland. Please e-mail me retired7@chartermi.net