Monday, August 16, 2010

Blueberry fest is over!

Oh my goodness we had a wonderful market day sat!!  IT was blueberry festival in South Haven, MI and what a festival!! I am so glad so many people came out and enjoyed everything blueberry!!  The parade was awesome, the music the food all of it was great!!! 
Mary and I made blueberry filled pierogi with a cheese mixture and those went over like crazy!!  WE pretty much sold out of everything we took with.   I love giving sample of my blueberry jalapeno jelly out and watch the reactions of people, it is such a super taste.  You first get the sweet blueberry then it takes a minute but ............. wait a bit more............. the jalapeno peppery taste kicks in!!  it is not hot at all just a bit of a bite so you know it is there.   My mom's peach basil preserves went over great too!! we served crackers with a bit of cream cheese and the preserves ontop.  IT is such a unique taste experience I am gonna make my dear sweet lovin hubby a nice suppper tonight and top the meat with some of her preserves.  I am a huge basil fan and love cookin with it.  This week I am making some of my peach basil crumble pie.  I made it last summer and it was amazin!!  I love that so many of my customers like tryin new things and new flavor combos I come up with.
I still cannot believe I didnt take my camera to the kitchen on friday!!  Susan made the most delicious chocolate cakes, these were made in a dome shaped silicon pan each one just the perfect size for one or maybe two people *I have to say I dont share my chocolate very good with others*LOL they had a vey rich smooth chocolate frosting on them and I topped them with just a dab of white chocolate and then the "farmgirl bling" took me over so it was chocolate jimmies!! They were just too cute and oh so irresitible!  They will be made again soon so I will be sure to show yall pics of them.   Everything was a big hit that we made.  All the muffins, breads, cakes, cookies, pies and my grandma Rose's dill pickles I made sold out!!  Miss ya Grandma!!  Mary came to the kitchen and we played with some recipes and trialed a couple of new things too.   She made awesome garlic herb braided breads, some peach and blueberry filled mini rugelach's, and  some butter crescent rolls that were melt in your mouth perfection. 
This week will be all bout peaches!! I picked some of our red haven peaches and the Lorings are about ripe now but I cannot wait for the RED SKIN peaches!! Those are my absolute favo!! and they are just perfect peach orange color!! they will look beautiful in the jars I plan on canning some slices in.
Well today will be workin in the house this am I was pretty neglectful last week spending majority of my time at the kitchen so things need to be done here then I think I will go to the kitchen and play around!!  YEAH!!   Susan and I want to make some ciabatta bread and maybe some sourdough this week.

My mom and I are gonnna do some corn for the freezer, which by the way if you dont know how it is very easy peasy to enjoy corn all winter.   We use a big ol bowl then an electric knife (thanks to Grandama Jan's idea there) to take all the kernals off the cob.   I get a big stock pot of water boilin add some sugar  dump in all the corn, we usually do about 5 dozen ears at a time, let it just boil maybe 2-3 min then turn off heat, let it cool and scoop it into freezer ziploc bags.  I lay them flat out on a sheet pan and freeze them.  That's it!! and the sugar helps the corn stay super sweet and yummo!!  try it!!
So I better get my coffee down and git thin's done around here!!
ENJOY your monday yall!!  
  Thanks to my mom and dear friend Mary for making sat a very successful day with alot of laughs and hugs!!

HUGS
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: