Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Wed!!

Hey everyone!!   I have been so danged sick with bronchitis and allergy problems so havent been making anything new.  BUT today I did up a challenge for Scraps Of Darkness site and also it worked out to make it for a challenge over at Scrap Friendzy!!  So using sod bits and pieces of their kits (THANKS AMY!!) I did up this vintage pic of my dear Grandparents Grandma Rose and Grandpa Frank.  The year was 1940 and they were young and so in love!!  You could just see the happiness in their faces!!  Love this pic!! 



As you can see Prima Pearls made their way onto this keepsake and the blue and plum flowers are Prima too!! and the piece of pp on the bottom right corner is the backing from the flowers! 

I am so lovin these butterflies too!! Yall have to check out http://www.scrapsofdarkness/ site for great kits!  Their products are awesome!

I punched holes on the striped paper and stitched the x's on corset style with some great brown fibers. 

And the center button on the blue flower and 1940 are old typewriter keys I cut off of an old royal.  Waited for just the right lo to use them for!!  I am goin to buy a frame and put this on my mantle. 
I so so MISS my grandparents!! I was very close to them.



The black flowers are old vintage seam binding I hand sewn together and attached to the page.  They made nice little rose buds. 

And here are some pics from some mothers day arrangements that went out on delivery sunday.   I wasnt feeling too good but helped my mom at the shop then came home and went to be for the rest of the day.   Hubby isnt feeling good as he has been battling an absess in his teeth and hasnt been sleeping which in turn means the boys and I arent sleeping either.   Friday he has some oral surgery and will have the teeth cut out thank goodnesss. Poor guy has been just miserable. 
Well we are expecting a thunderstorm tonight so I will sign off for now as it is starting to lightning and really thundering now.   Hope yall have a great night and I will be back soon!!
HUGS
Darlene 





~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

1 comment:

jacque4u2c said...

I can just smell those lovely flowers!!!! Ahhh! I am lovin this layout! Just so elegant and gorgeous!