Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rainy rainy and rainy day


Cinnamon Raisin Babka

Citrus cheese filled pull apart cake rolls


  Pesto filled bread

Berry Berry banana bread

Rising choc croissants


Berry Berry banana bread

blueberry muffins

Oh the glorious choc croissants! fresh and hot out of oven.
off to eat one brb!! LOL
Hey everyone!   What a week!!  Buster's surgery went very well on monday!  He is doing great which means his mommy is doing great too!!  Thanks for all the well wishes for my boy.
I have been super busy this week trying to get ready for the big weekend market.  Tues night my friend and I went to a new market in Kalamazoo, Douglass Community Center hosted an evening market for the first time and it was so nice to be a part of it.  Plus the atmoshpere was so laid back and fun and relaxing!  Today was to be Allegan market but with this rain and wind I decided to not go SORRY!! It just isnt good for my things to get wet or damp and sugar melts in water so I would melt too!! ROFL!! right!  So anyways that will leave me more options to take on sat.
I did again forget to take my cam to the kitchen so now I must make a note to self and put my cam in my purse the night before goin.  
A few new recipes were tried this week and they all turned out great!!   Caramel apple cake, chocolate cherry pie, banana pineapple bread and a few others.   I will say the caramel apple cake is delish but I think next time I make it I will add more apples to it.  The recipe called for thinly sliced apples on the top of cake and even though it is very pretty hubby suggested to put diced apples in the cake batter too.  I made a homemade caramel sauce to drizzle ontop of cake and oh yummy!!  
I also did up a sour cream coffee cake that has some cinnamon streusle swirled thru it and decided it needed something more so did up a butter crumb topping for them and that really did it!!  I also added a bit of a cinnamon glaze to a few of them.  Susan made up chocolate croissants and some little croissant cakes with choc chips on top and a glaze over that.  There is not much bettter to me than starting the day off at thek kitchen with a hot choc croissant fresh out of the oven, crispy dough, melted choc and lots of buttery goodness!! YUMMY!!
So today is gonna be an extra baking day for me, babka dough can be made, bread dough, some hamburger buns, (which I need to remember to cut down from 4 oz to 3 oz)  and lots of cookies!! 
Hope yall have a wonderful day and I will be back to share more soon!!    SATURDAY SOUTH HAVEN FARMERS MARKET!!  SOUTH HAVEN MI 8-2
HUGS!
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: