Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pizzas, breads, cookies and more!!


We made some sugar cookies and cut them into flowers, some as you can see have a stick in. 

Little flowers and lines make them pop!!


took these to markets this week and they all went quick.

I decided to try a new pizza crust recipe I found, which by the way is delish and soooooooooooooo easy peasy to make!! 
Pizza Crust Recipe:
2 cups warm (around 110 degrees)
2 pkg dry yeast (or 1/2 oz active dry yeast)
1 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 tsp salt
This made 4 nice size crusts and this dough can be frozen in individual pkgs to take out 1 at a time.
My crusts were 14 oz each. 
place water in warmed bowl, sprinkle yeast on top, cover and let sit 5 minutes. 
Using whisk or fork mix water and yeast cover and let sit 5 more minutes, it will be frothy on top and then ready to use.
While waiting for your yeast to proof in mixing bowl or large bowl combine flour, cornmeal and salt blend together.  In bowl combine oils and add to flour mixture, add your proofed yeast and mix well.  This dough will be wet and sticky!  I sprayed the top of dough with some pam and covered with seran wrap and a tea towel.    Let sit in warm place for 1/2 hour. 
Ready to roll out and use!!
Top with your favo toppings and Enjoy!


This was a new recipe for me!! Tomato corn pie and let me just say one word>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YUMMO!!  I found the recipe on pinterest and it is in my baking board on pinterest.  id = Darlene Stumpf-Westfahl
this is definetly worth making, it was on my csa for last week and I recieved several postitive comments. 

Here's the spinach mozzarella pizza!  This reminded me of some flatbread I made a couple years ago and it is so worth the time it takes.  Really it isnt too much just a few steps.   I cut up about 2 cloves of garlic and sauteed in a pan then added a pound of fresh spinach leaves and let that simmer down.  To me it has wayyyy more flavor in spinach than steaming!!  YUMMY! and good for you too!!


Tops of tomato corn pie

And a Martha Stewart recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies!  Yes flourless!! so for all you gluten free peoples this is a must make recipe!!  I added chopped roasted peanuts and didnt add the chocolate chips to the recipe.  you can get the recipe at Martha Stewarts site, I will post it here tomorrow it is at the kitchen.  Great easy peasy recipe too!!


So that was about it for the weeks baking, I am off til monday.  Gonna get some scrapping done and go shopping with my mommy!~  love those days!! we have so much fun together!!  love her with all my heart and would be lost in this life without my bestest friend....my mom!!
Hope yall have a Blessed Easter!! and enjoy this early spring weather!!
HUGS!
Darlene

~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: