Saturday, September 29, 2012

New baked goods

Hey yall!!!
I tried out a couple new recipes from my grandmas old cookbooks and I am in love with one of them and will surely make again!!

As you can see I made this recipe x 4 and made some in jumbo muffins pans for personal size coffee cakes, in small tins and also in my smaller bundt pans. 

Cinnamon Mocha Coffee Cake!!YUMMY YUMMY!!
The cinna mocha struesle looks pretty swirled thru the middles



I did make a cup of espresso and just brushed it over all the tops to give a bit more moistness and coffee flavor to them and then just dusted them with powdered sugar. 

LOVE bundt cakes!!
Here is the recipe for these:  (this is just the actual recipe x1)
Cinnnamon Mocha Cake
streusle filling:
In small bowl combine am mix:
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 tblsp instant coffe (I used espresso powder instead)
1 tblsp cinnamon

Cake Batter:
Cream together until light and fluffy (approx 5 minutes)
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar

Add 4 eggs one at a time beating well to incorporate into batter
Beat in 1 tsp vanilla

In bowl mix together:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Alternate adding dry ingredients to creamed mixture with  1 1/2 cups or 12 oz sour cream starting and ending with dry ingredients. 
*optional you can add nuts or/and chocolate chips*
Grease and flour your pans
Place 1/3 of batter in pan then sprinkle on your streusle topping, then top with remaining batter. 
Place in preheated 350 degree oven until golden.  (I make sure internal temp is 200) and it also depends on what size pans you are using.  I would say in a regular oven a bundt pan usually takes 35-40 minutes.  Muffins are usually 20 minutes for jumbo.
After the cakes/muffins cooled I brushed over the tops wtih a strong cup of coffee and then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
**ENJOY**


I also made a batch of our gingered carrot soup, which I think is one of my all time favo soups. 

Red velvet brownies with cream cheese swirl


After running a knife thru the batter it looks so pretty.  I think next time I try these I will reserve a bit of brownie batter to add in globs ontop of cheese layer. 

Veggie pot pies

Topped and ready for oven. 

I had some left over crust so made some little personal size veggie pockets. 

And had just enough to make my lunch =)

And some halloween fun sugar cookies that will be decorated with frostings.  They went in the freezer to work with next week. 

I also made some more of my grandmas zucchini apple bread, black olive baguette loaves, Ezekiel bread loaves, zucchini muffins, espresso cream filled espresso cookie pies and chocolate walnut brownies.
I so missed my mom at the kitchen this week~~ she closed the flower shop in June and is packing everthing up and selling things.  If you are interested in any floral supplies we are having a big sale and things are going to be listed!!  I can say we have alot of satin ribbons in various widths, wedding supplies, corsage supplies, and tons of baskets available.
Give a hollar if you would like to see something I can email you pics of everything.
*Sad to say but I actually didnt go to market today, I have been up all night with a sinus/allergy infection and a horrible migraine and sore throat.  Needless to say calling the doctor monday morning. And we have a wedding to go to tomorrow so I am 100% sure my boys and I are taking a long nap today!! Just feel miserable right now =(  tis the allergy season I guess.
Hope yall have a great weekend!! I will be back to share more next week it is Blue Coast Artists Fall Studio tour next weekend and I have an order for lots of cookies to make so next week will be all about COOKIES!! WOO HOO!!
HUGS
*Darlene*



~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: