Thursday, September 13, 2012

We're back from vacation

What a great vacation!!  We were at the South Haven Flywheelers for the 29th annual tractor show last week and had so much fun!! It was a record year in attendance and we sure couldnt have been happier or prouder to be a part of it!~!
The boys had fun with us too and I love that we can have them with us there to share our vacation it just wouldnt be the same without our furry kiddos with!!   Even "Mr Naughty Pants" was pretty well behaved and seemed to enjoy camping out.   We stayed a couple days after the show to help with the cleanup and tidy things up.  Sad to see it over but in a way excited to start on next years show!! It will the the 30th year and they are wanting to do big and new things!!  Got some ideas floating around in my head for that too!

Here are some pics of what my mom and I made for labor day week markets.

Berry Berry Lemon bundt cake

Cake after my mom put on my "farmgirl bling"

Red raspberry pistachio muffins

Breakfast bake   topped with my french bread

another berry berry lemon cake sliced

lavender shortbread cookies in oven

pineapple cake cups

tomato basil zucchini topped pizzas

baked potato gnocchi with tomato basil sauce

onion foccacia loaves

Plus we made lots of other things but I ran out of time and forgot to take pics of the rest.
We have alot going on the next couple of days a dear friend of ours wife passed away and my hubby's grandfather has to have another surgery too so we are gonna be busy.   Tonight I am heading to the kitchen to work on things for market on sat.  I have an idea for a crispy chocolatey choc chip cookie and also want to make some cranberry orange shortbread cookies, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread pudding and well maybe that is all I will get done today!  Tomorrow will be a full day too getting things done.
Hope yall have a wonderful day and I will be back soon to share some fall primitives I am working on for my friends shop in Glenn.  She does have a facebook page for the shop so if ya get a chance chick it out!!   Farmhouse Prim Antique is the name, she has great stuff and also has an online catalog too so she will ship things to ya!!
Take Care
HUGS!!
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: