Thursday, January 12, 2012

snowed in???


*** we are expected to get 10 plus inches tonight!***  Finally snow snow & SNOW!!!
So gee whiz what is a gal suppossed to do???? I say a weekend of nothing but crafting and creating and playin with paper, glue, paint, scissors, stickers, and wellllllllllll everthing crafty!!!  YEE HAW!! happy happy I dont have to do anything until monday!!  Well I may just go to the kitchen this weekend and make some jam.  But then again maybe not!~! LOL
I think I shared this idea last week but in case yall dont remember I am working on some things for the shop.  Scrapbook paper, wood blocks I cut from my scrap heap, chipboard letters, paint and glue........

All I have to do is wait for the last coat of paint to dry on the rod and I can tie these letters to it. 

Dream banner finished.

 Here is another family block sign done.  U can see I tied each one of the letters on the rod with vintage seam binding in dark brown. 
I used all scrap pieces of paper I had.  This one has words stamped on it and I love the green color with the brown chipboard letters.   I used alot of this paper for my altered books I did,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which reminds me I need to make a few more of them I only have a couple of them at the shop.. hmmmmmmmmmmm great idea for this weekend!!


After adheering the paper to the block I dry brushed antiquing medium ontop then stamped some postage stamp images on each one and also flourishes.  Black drybrushing on the edges makes them pop!!


So before I crafted I made some of my espresso cookies that have espresso cream filling and some decorative chocolate drizzle.


These are just the cure with a cup of joe in the am.  or as an afternoon snack, or a midnight snack with a cup of cocoa or cold milk.  

Something new here.   My chocolate dipped strawberry brownies.   I started out with my decadent chocolate brownies then topped them with some strawberry butter cake but before spreading the cake ontop of brownie I added some mini chocolate chips.  YUMMY!!  YUMMY!!   Also did a batch of "chicken scratch turtle" brownies which are chocoate brownie with homemade caramel sauce swirled on top then pecans and coconut mixed in.   Those are yummo too!!  I wanted to take pics but my card on dig cam was full!!! dangit! 
I will hopefully be OPEN at the shop next friday!!   Winter markets are going great and it is so nice to see our customers and meet new ones that didnt realyze we are there each week!! 
Hope yall are enjoying your thurs and stay safe if you are experiencing this winter storm too!!  Since we didnt have any snow it is kind of nice now!!  I just want to get it over then we can get into spring!!  My favo favo time!!  WEll summer is awesome, and fall is a favo favo too lol LOVE all the seasons!! 
Take care and have a blessed evening!!
HUGS
PS>  have yall checked out pinterest lately???? so many ideas my head spins each time I look at all those awesome ideas!!  stop on in!!

~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: