Friday, January 27, 2012

What a week

Sorry I have been so neglectful here lately!!  We have had a few major things happen this past couple of weeks.  Life is so uncertain and can change in a heartbeat.  I wont bore you will all the details of my first dilema but to say it short and sweet the shop I was going to open fell thru.  The owner of the building changed his mind and decided NOT to rent it out!  So had to pack everything up and haul it back and get everyone their things that brought items for their spaces.  What a mess but things happen for a reason and when one door closes another better one opens!! 
We did get some news that has been terribly heavy on our hearts.  My mom's precious boy "Axel" or known as my "boodah"  was diagnosed last sat with lymphoma and basically it is so far gone that even with cancer treatments it wouldnt make a difference.  One good thing is right now he is not in any pain and is so alert.  He just isnt wanting to eat much but a few teaspoons of meat.  We have cooked him chicken, beef roast, ground turkey, rice, barley, turkey breast but he really doesnt want it.  He does have pneumonia but I think since being on meds for 5 days that is resolving.  It just breaks our hearts!! It hasnt even been a year since we lost our beloved Bubba suddenly and that still stings.  I go and check on him at my moms when she is at work and he gets up and wags that tail when he sees ya!!  This guy was given to us at 6 weeks old and had been so abused and beaten we had to have surgeries on his right eye and he still lost it, he was burned and stabbed and left for dead in a parking lot.  A dear friend of mine called and said she needed to find a forever home for this little baby and at that time we had 3 so my mom took one look at him and it was love!! She has taken him to the flower shop everyday since and it is so hard for her to be there without him, he has been laying on the couch most of the time or laying looking out the sliding windows he is 130 pounds of pure love and loyalty.  He is a pit boxer mix.   We have been spoiling him even more since we know the days are limited that we will have him with us.  This is just the worst part of loving our pets so much we know they have such short little lives and make such a HUGE impact on ours that it is so hard to say goodbye.  We will meet again though!!    Gosh at one point while I was a kid we had 14 dogs, and they all were such love bugs with happy happy souls!!  (my parents were just as much softies as me when people would either drop them off on our farm or I would find strays wandering around, well they would find me I think LOL)
Before I cant type anymore I am going to share some things from last weeks markets:


buttercrumb topped peach praline muffins

TOP:::  Use a round biscuit cutter when putting a topping on your muffins to contain the crumbs!!  Works like a charm!


Our "eggcellent" egg bread loaves

Apple cinnamon muffins with a brown sugar crumb top

All baked egg breads



Made another few batches of my honey cinnamon graham crackers

And some blocks I altered with chipboard and scrapbook papes and pearls, and some K&CO flowers and butterflies. 

Spring is right around the corner!!

The birdies have been singing outside like crazy and it was 42 degrees outside today, not much snow left but we are supposed to get 4? inches tonight.  I dunno it is just too nice and warm out to snow and it has been wayyyy too nice for doing chores and outside work while it is so nice out.   Spinach is growing, the herbs are still growing like crazy from last season and things in the greenhouse are popping up!! 
Will be back soon with more goodies!!
Take Care
HUGS
Darlene

  ~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: