Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring altered sign

I am so sooooooooooo in the mood for spring!!  and all the lovely springtime joys!!  CANT wait!
Here's another springy project I did this week.
The wood sign is actually a dollar store find!!  I took the ribbon off it that was a hanger and replaced it with twine (that primitive gal in me loves twine and with using hay everyday for my horses and goats always have it )


I used this dragonfly stamp to stamp around the edges of the polka dot base.  Love pokadots~
Found an emphemera pkg full of great vintagey inspired things from K & CO at MICHAELS so used some of that on here.  I like the way the birdcage shows up like metal! It is a bronzey metallic looking cage from the pkg. 
I cut the leaves from green pp and just sprinkled with a bit of MARTHA STEWARTS glitter.
The letters were on a pkg I bought and put in the stash drawer to use up finally, lol, anyway to give them nice depth I just dry brushed them with some black paint and also edged a bit with antiquing medium.  same with the edges of the sign
And I also did up a set of 3 baby girl cards.    I had a page kit of mother goose things so used some of that on these.  
Love using hat pins and the little alpha beads.
A layered altered chipboard flower I cut and painted and stamped and inked the edges.
So that was it for yesterday.  Hubby is doing better from his oral surgery and I am hoping he wakes up feeling good today.  Slept on and off most of yesterday and actually we were in bed right after idol last night.  The boys get so excited we all march off to bed together at night~ they play and ruffhouse a bit then we get comfy and our little family is off to sweet slumber.   Good life!  Wish Bubba dog was here with us but I know he is with us in spirit.  We miss him so.
Still trying to find a little girl for my sweet boy to have a date with and hopefully we have a lead on one not too far away just have to time it right. 
Hope yall have a wonderful friday!~!~  I am off to bake for market tomorrow, banana blueberry bread, banana bread, shortbread cookies, multi grain bread, and mabye some of my cinnamon roll bread pudding. 
Will talk more and have a few more things to share this weekend!~!~
HUGS
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

2 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Just love the way these projects turned out!

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Nanabells said...

OMG, this is my first time reading your blog, and I wondered why you were looking for a girl for your boy! and then they were young enough to go to bed when you do...I was confused! then I read on down and assume you are talking about a dog... ha ha - enjoy your crafts, thanks for sharing