Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring banner

HAPPY WED YALL!!
Well it was raining when I let the boys outside and an hour later now it is realllllyyyy snowin!! the ground is all white again!!    I think I heard we may see just a couple of inches today.??  that is ok!!  we had so much rain and melting snow lately we dont need any more rain!!  In fact I will post pics of our road a couple of miles north of us, the southbound lane is completely gone!  there is a creek that runs under it and goes out to the lake well over the years the erosion has been so bad we been wondering when this might hapen and it did now.  I am glad noone got hurt the last time a couple of years ago we had some really bad storms and heavy heavy downpours that the whole road was gone in the middle of the night! 2 people lost their lives while  delivering the morning paper and didnt see or realyze the road was gone.  That was really horrific we felt so bad fo those people and their families.  Very tragic and so sad.   I am thankful this is just one lane and like I said noone was injured!!

I started out cutting out the circles from an old hymnal book and then distressed the edges and also inked the edges with some Tim Holtz's distressing ink in green.

The letters are cut with my cricut from some My Minds Eye green paper, they needed something a bit more so with Tim's green ink I stamped a flowery image over the letter.  It gives nice dimension to it. 
Then made little rosettes for the bottom of each one, added a flower and gem and some fibers.    I did distress each of the banner pieces with antiquing medium and also used a mini flourish stamp on the left corner of each one too.  
This was made for a friend and is on it's way to her now!

And here is our road situation.



I never tire of looking at this beautiful lake.  Each and every day it changes so much and the colors are so vivd around it.  Not too many icebergs left now so we are nearing spring!!  YEAH!! 
So hope yall have a wondeful wed and be safe!! 
I did want to take a minute to mention the FENNVILLE BLACKHAWKS boys basketball team and how incredibly proud we are of each and everyone of you guys!  GREAT JOB LAST NIGHT again another win!! WOO HOO!!  Great bunch of guys we have in our town!
GOOD LUCK on friday at another game!!

SATURDAY GLENN MARKET 9-2
at the Glenn Community Center  114th Ave
HUGS
Darlene


~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: