Wednesday, March 16, 2011

An altered organizer day

I have to say yesterday was just a wonderfully perfect day!! It was my birthday and  started out with my sweet mom and brother taking me out for breakfast, then came home and putzed around the house and did a few things in my little studio and then took the "boys" for a walk and then a ride bye bye, hubby came home after work and we watched tv and had supper and played outside with the "boys".  What a perfect day!!
Our little Bruno is so well fitted for our family he is a blessing from above that is for sure. 

A friend was talkin bout using foam core board and it reminded me of pins I made using it last year.   This one i made using foam core as the base, it is nice an lightweight and easily cut with an exacto knife.  I adhered the cut out fairy ontop of some sheet music paper, then stamped some flourishes on it and added those beautiful wings.  Using my JUST RITE stamps I stamped the words believe and dream on it.  The sides I just painted with some metallic silver paint, added a few layers of triple thick glaze and a pin back and that was it.  easy peasy!

Had to put a pic of my favo flower on today, Sunflowers have been a long time favo of mine and with all these dark, grey glooomy days I wanted something a bit bright to look at!! they just make ya smile and think of long sunny summer days laying in the grass looking up in the blue sky and watching the clouds lazily roll by.  OH cant wait for summer!!

Ok I posted the start of this book awhile ago and finally finished all the embellishements on it.  It is used for my orders for markets.  I MUST be organized this year!!  Once market season opens and the farm is in full swing things get crazy and busy and I get .................gulp..................yes a bit absent minded! well maybe just a bit forgetful sounds better ????  Anyway I figured I needed something fun to help me be more ontop of things this year.  

Each page has the day of the week on the end tab and inside there is a pocket that I have paperclipped papers to, to write the requested item in. 

Using lots of emphemera and my altered chipboard and ribbons and bakers twine this will be perfect. 


I just love the blue frame around this bunch of forget me not flowers.    Lots of stamping and altering was done to make this.  And I had this old vintagey label in my stash Miss Muffets fine teas and cakes!  Fit rather perfect for my bakery organizer. 



Even though I am a primitive kind of distressed gal I love pinks and browns together.   Love my flourish stamps and these were stamped with TIM HOLTZ distressing inks.  I dry brushed almost every detail with black paint for my prim look. 

Ticket stubs, hearts, postage stamps, words, and well just about any and everything is in here.  

This is what I started out with.  Just some pretty folders from a local dollar store.     I cut each one in 1/2 and I think you get 3-4 in a pkg.  They had a couple of different ones but since I am a pink fan this was best for me.

So now run out to your nearest dollar store and make one for yourself.   I am finding a bit of organizing doesnt hurt at all!! LOL I must admit I have good intentions and start the year off with high hopes of letting that organizing part of me show but it does get pushed to the wayside so hopefully this will help me out!! 
I am off to start baking for market so hope yall have a wonderful glorious wed. and I will be back soon!!! Thanks for stopping by!!
HUGS
Darlene
 ~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

1 comment:

Callie Brady said...

Happy Birthday! Love your crafty ideas. Cute boys.