Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A vintagey lo and me

I decided to stay home today and play in my studio!!  Dont ya just love when u get something new like a new tool or stickers or die cutting machine or well patterend papers!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE papers!! and I know I have said this before but love My Minds Eye!!  Love them!!  So with that said I just wast chompin at the bit to work with the new papers I bought.   In fact I can hear some more calling my name so on my way home from market friday there justttttttttttttttttt happppppppppppppens to be a hobby lobby right on my way no goin out of the way or even gettin off the main road just make a right turn and opppppppppss there they are!! LOLI made the flowers using some great patterend papers and adhered the base one to some chipboard and cut them out.  Added distressing along the edges and bent the petals up and down. 

together is the name of this vintagey lo.  I am not quite sure who the couple is but it was in my grandmothers old photos I had.  It says miami fla at the beach handwritten on the back.  Not sure of the year either.

And here we are again with the pearl flourish!! the last of the pieces I cut apart.  gonna get more of them too! 


I machine stitched along the vintage sheet music in a zig zag pattern but you really cant see that at all on the pic. 

And I had to do a lo of me, something to show my style and had to have a few ingredients in it.  Stitching on the page, I stitched the muslin tag to the gingham paper,  My favo Tim Holtz stamp!!  so that had to be on the page, those favo pearl flourishes I love so much, they are sooooooo me!! 

Flowers, flowers and hearts!!  Love making layered altered distressed flowers!  again SO ME!! and that pic of me and my sweet Buster Brown.


Yall know PINK is a favo color of mine so this had to have lots of it on the page.  I layered my pic with a few different pink papers, notice too if you can my sweater is light pink~!~LOL  of cource, and there are some great pink gems here and there!


So now I am off to work outside since the sun is shinin and it has warmed up to 45 oustide.  I think that might be wrong it feels warmer than that.  But I want to plant some rainbow swiss chard and cilantro in pots in the greenhouse.  It is like 90 in there!! LOVE IT!  love gettin in the dirt!  maybe that is why I distress and age just about everything!! dirty lookin!! LOL
so have a wonderful wonderful tues!!
talke to ya more soon!!
HUGS
Darlene

  ~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: