Sunday, October 30, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Hey yall!!!  Goodness it is almost november!!   I sure hope tomorrow will be nice outside for all the kiddos to have fun trick or treating or going to halloween parties!!   I remember having snow and ice here one year for halloween and it was miserable!! 
So what did I do last week???  Well I made some new things like below this Martha Stewart recipe for a carmalyzed onion potato tart.  Ok NOT my favo but some of my customers really liked it.  I did however make it to my liking by omitting sliced taters and sauteed some fresh zucchini and garlic.  THAT was delish!!!  I will make that again!!
It is just pie dough, u can buy pie dough in the store but I love my old pie dough recipe.   Carmalzye your onions with a bit of salt and pepper.  On the pie dough spread some herbed cream cheese, the recipe called for 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning.  Which is basically equal parts of dried basil, oregano, parsley and a bit of salt and pepper.   Top cheese mix with (in my case) one sliced and sauteed zucchini, then onions and fold over edges.  I did do an egg warsh on the dough and a bit of sprinkled seasoning.  YUMMO!!

Parmesan topped foccacia loaves.  Just about ready to come out of the oven. 

And since It is almost halloween I thought I would add a couple of my handmade scarecrows. 

And punkin heads on sticks 

My favo pair of scarecrows.  I leave em up on my mantle year round!!  I need to make some for next year.  Maybe if I start now they will get done by oct next year!! LOL
So this week I have on my menu vegetable minestrone, creamy cauliflower soup, creamy tater soup with cheese, vegetable alfredo lasagna, a vegetable rice salad, some black olive sage baguettes, foccacia, lemon blueberry muffins, apple dumplings, butter crumb topped apple pie, fresh chunky maple applesauce, and a chicken n stuffing casserole bake.   So it should be a pretty busy mon tue getting these things ready.  Which is ok then I have market wed and thurs.  So friday and Sat are me days!! hopefully crafting days!!
Hope yall have a spooktacular day tomorrow!!
be back soon with pics!!
HUGS
Darlene
**dont forget if yall are near me I can deliver my chicken scratch gourmet items to ya***

~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: