Sunday, March 1, 2009

Altered sunday here

Happy happy march!! Gosh this year is just flyin by but one great thing is SPRING is right around the corner!! YEAH!~!! and ya know what my mom and I have our birthdays this month too!!! YEPPER still 30 something here!! and holding for quite awhile too!!LOL
I got up extra early for ME ME ME quality creating time this am!! LOL never enough creative time for me lately. Another captured fairy here in a shadow box. This one says "spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly" with the word imagine stamped on outside of light blue frame. A bit of shimmer mist is added along with blue and green ribbons to hang this on your wall or near a door to welcome guests.
This frame was bright gold so the prim gal in me sanded and aged it along with antiquing gel and ink. I added a great vintage girl pic with pink wings along with some pretty pastel and white flowers and stmaped chalk flourishes all ontop of vintage old sheet music.
LOVE THIS FRAME!!
This is my favorite creation from this am!! A little blue bird is sitting on a nest ontop of old sheet music paper. The verse is perfect for him, I stamped and colored some dragon fly's around bird and added a silver gem for his eye. PERFECT for spring decorating!!
This is an altered pin I made. The base is very lighweight foam core board with metallic silver metal paint. Several coats of diamond glaze later this is ready to wear.

So yesterday I met my inlaws and sil and bil for breakfast it was fun!! hubby likes to sleep in on his days off which only are sat and sun so he decided to stay in bed. Well i left an hour and 1/2 early to run into store and get the usuals and also had time to go into a wonderful Michaels store. Have yall been there lately?? What glorious spring things!! And their dollar aisle is magnifiscent!!! I bought some cool silver metal little pails for the shop to make some springy boquets in, some dollar chipboard buttons for scrappin, some cool spring flowers, some great pattered paper sets and some journal books to alter. All for $1.00 - $2.00!! great finds yall, if ya get a chance chick em out!!! LOL
Well off to finish up a couple of pages and challenges for march!!

1 comment:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Our Michael's has a LOT of the dollar things too! They seem to be moving towards about 1/2 the store being from $1 to $5 which is a very welcome change for me. They are also carrying a lot of little toys now!

I love yer latest creations. You truly have an amazing talent.