Sunday, December 27, 2009

Altered wreath and the "boys"

So every year I try to come up with a homemade gift personalyzed for our family to give my mother in law. This year I took an ordinary grapevine wreath and altered a bunch of wooden ovals and circles i cut out of some thin wood. After printing a bunch of xmas day pics out I added some great MY MINDS EYE christmas glittery paper. The paper is from the holiday glitter pack I bought at HOBBY LOBBY, also I used my MARTHA STEWART snowflake punch to add some glittered flakes using some of her white holiday glitter flakes.

Each circles paper is cut with decorative edge scissors and the edges are of cource distressed with TIM HOLTZ distressing inks. (LOVE ALL HIS INKS BTW) they are added on using some E6000 adhesive. My mil loved it! even hubby said it turned out pretty cool!!



So here is my little Mr. Boopie Woopie Boo with some of their wrapped presents. He is starting to get the hang of opening them but Buster and Bubba are pros now!!











Here's a pic of our cookie case at the shop.




Some of my dip mixes and candies and jellies at the shop







These little finnish almond squares are actually quite easy and super yummo!!






My dear friend Susan made these mini pastries up and they are absolutely too pretty to eat!! but they are yummy too!! Love the little marzipan holly on those cookies.



















I made these orange spice rounds and of cource they needed that "farmgirl" bling to them so sprinkled each with confection sugar, then dipped 1/2 of the cookie in white chocolate and then colored some of that same white choc red and green to add the little decor in the middle.









Another pic of the cookie case at the shop on xmas eve.











Buster getting ready for presents!!












OH and there is one of their favo toys!! the loofa dogs!! they are too stinkin cute but didnt last too long as you can see by the way he is ripping the hat off this guy.






So it was a glorious holiday with family and friends and my "boys". I do hope yall had a wonderful weekend and please remember all our men and women serving our country and fighting to keep peace in our land!! I pray for each and everyone one of them and the Good Lord above watch and keep them all safe.
"Lord let there be love in our hearts, harmony in our homes, and peace in our land."
Hope you enjoyed the pics and I am taking this coming week to play with some new recipes and get ready to go back to market in Jan. Have a great day!!
~~HOLIDAY HUGS FROM OUR FAMILY TO ALL MY DEAR BLOG FAMILY~~
Darlene




~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

2 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

OMG the boys are so cute with the presents!!! We had to stop giving ours toys due to our old lab getting kind of crazy and starting to eat the squeakers out of them...she EATS the stuffing...etc....lol...

That wreath you made your MIL, I am in awe. It is truly AWESOME!!!

Stay warm up there!!!

TJ said...

Darlene,
That wreath is wonderful ! Your MIL is a lucky gal. Those are the bestie gifts to get.Someone with true thought and heart in it.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ