Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just a few today

I have a just a few things to share today.  If yall wanna make an altered chipboard embellishment here are some tips.  Cut out your shape or use pre cut one found in the scrappin stores.  I like to recyle thin cardboard from like a cereal box or even the back of a notepad.  Then paint your shapes, when dry use a rubber stamp and stamp with ink all over the cutout.  Here  I used my word definition from STAMPING UP love this series!! 
Then I added some antiquing gel and black dry brushed black paint around the edges for more defined lines.
I love using old sheetmusic or pages from a book on my projects so here is a torn page with antiquing medium aound the edges, I did slightly mist the page with water before starting and crumpled it up a bit.  Smooth it out then add your paint or medium.  Adhere to card back or paper or cardstock.  I then antiqued around the base of my card.   Adding a strip of patterened paper and some ribbon finished the base of the card.  Now add your embelishments, here I added the blue bird and a stamped piece of cardstock and a heart.  All done!! Anyone can make a one of a kind unique card and it costs alot less than say a hallmark card and it puts your personality on it!! which in my mind means alot more!!
I remember the first year my hubby and I were together, he would make me little note cards and have a pawprint on it from my dog "Ozzie" it meant the world to me and I still have them all save in a drawer.  I will cherish those little things he does for me!! 
I cut out some wood hearts to alter and came up with this home one.  I love love LOVE my alpha stamps I bought from JUST RITE stamps!! they are way cool!!   This is a very light sagey green color heart with one of these altered chipboard flowers  I am so hooked on making!! they are just fun and whimsical to do!!
And another happy hello card.  Here I used my STAMPING UP happy hello stamp and then paintd the chipboard hi letters.  The bronze rust color in the flower is the same as on the letters and it just pops the green and yellow backround.  AND I had to add one of my cute polka dotted PRIMA flowers!! LOL they are too stinkin cute!
This card was made this am for a dear friend of mine!!  She is a doll and I wanted to just give her a little somethin somethin' so with a pkg of shortbread cookies I hope she likes this litle surprise.  Just to say Hey and love ya for being a friend.
Ok so that is about it I am off this am with my mom and brother, out to breakfast and then to target and we'll see where else we end up.  Hubby is gonna stay home and take care of "my" boys and be the nanny today!!LOL, he has things to do around the house.  Enjoy your day and I will be back soon to share more with yall.  THIS is the last week for Bronsons Winter  Market so have a few special treats planned for this week.  TAKE CARE~ hugs
Darlene

~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: