Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hey yall!!

You can accomplish anything!!

WOW~!~ It is sunday!! A day of rest!! well not on our farm, we do take time to Thank the Good Lord above for all the blessing he has given to us and I do have tons of things to be thankful for!! I am just lovin life bigtime and actually having the time of my life!! even hobbling around I love this life I have been given!!


The market was slow yesterday there was a car show in town and I noticed alot of our regular customers didnt come by it was very busy in town and the parking lots around the market area were all taken up early on by car folks and lookers so I did bring quite a bit of goodies back with me but that is ok most of it will go to my parents, in our freezer for winter use and a suprise package for dear friends.
I made this simple coffee cake and added some fresh apricot slices and OOHHHHHHHH was it good!! now this could also be made with any of your favo fruits too!!
Give it a try!!
Cake:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup milk (i used 1/2 and 1/2 cream)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla ( i also added 1/2 tsp almond extract)
mix ingredients and place in 9 inch baking pan. lay sliced fruit ontop now
Top with my simple streusel mix:
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans or toasted almonds work good too!
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
cut butter into above ingredients to form crumbs, place ontop of cake
Bake at 375 degrees til top is brown (25-30 min)
ENJOY!!
BTW if yall get a min stop on over to the www.southhavenfarmersmarket.com site they have done a great job on it for market!! THANKS to JOHN for taking great pics too!!
And thanks for all the well wishes my foot is doin much better!! It is still sore and swollen but nothing like the other day I tell ya!! BE CAREFUL FOR NAILS while out walking too!!
Have a blessed day and will talk to yall this week!!
!!HUGS!!
Darlene


~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: