Thursday, January 6, 2011

baking and scrappin

Hey yall!!  Well I did another scrap challenge if you want in on the month of sketches challenge visit http://www.scrapfriendzy.com/   they have awesome layouts and are a great bunch of girlfriendz!!!!  
Here's one I did up of Barney sleeping on Busters bed with some of his favo stuffed animals around him.  I think I might need a new memory card as my pics are kind of blurry or need to just change settings.  We havent had sun outside so I am stuck takin some pics inside.  Anyway I used some chipboard letters, painted and sanded them, cut out bones, and stamped some pawprints on brown cardstock, inked the edges with Tim Holtz distressing inks and added popdots behind them for dimension. 

A layout of Jax.  I used K&CO cut outs from a baby boy pack, these are from Michaels and let me tell you I bought 2 of each baby boy and baby girl ones, you get ALOT of cutouts, words, and misc emphemera in each pkg. Definetly worth the money for them!!




A close up of one of my Wendy Vecchio inspired flowers on a project. 

A birdie I cut out of plain chipboard and stamped, inked and sanded it then added it on a card front.


Another flower.  Love the blue after inking and and distressing.  STAMPABILITIES paris post mark stamp used all over it. 


Who doesnt love polka dots!!~LOL
So along with this scrappy stuff I did manage to make some of my peanut butter whoppie pies, choc chip cookies, cheddar pepper bread, pistachio bread, some pecan struesel filled coffee cakes,  and My mil Sally's pineapple goo cakes done for markets oh and a treat for the chickens~~ a zucchini cheddar biscuit that I am really not sure at all what happened!!!>??? but they ended up a chix treat because they were horrible!! I mean horrible!! goodness I wish I knew what the heck I did because they just were yuk!!  but the "girls" loved em and ate em right up   (  of cource not mentioning the fact they they eat bugs!!LOL)   they still loved my biscuit mistake! 
For supper I ended up making my friend Dave from Young Earth Farm's cottage bacon and my version of a tater pancake.  Hubby loves loves LOVES these!   I just make extra filling for my tater-cheese-n-onion peirogies and take a handful mixed with flour and just fry it up in a pan with just a touch of butter until nice and dark golden.   He could eat that everyday, they are good I just dont want them as often as he does so I just make em for him.  I like just a plain ol baked tater with a bit of butter and some fresh snipped chives.  Goodness!! my Buster is sleeping on the couch next to me right now and snoring so loud!!!  worse than hubby does!!  Too cute!! 
Well I am off to finish labeling some products and by the time I am done with that it will be chore time.
So hope yall have a happy happy thurs!!
OH and FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! we are gettin some snow!! actually we are under a winter lake effect snow storm!! WOO HOO!! yeah YIPPEE! YEE HAW!! ***LET IT SNOW**** **** *** *** *** ** *** ** *** ** *** LET IT SNOW***   love the snow!!  just dont like the toooo cold weather tomorrow night down to 14! I worry about the animals being out in it even though they have heavy winter coats I still worry!!  I will throw extra straw in the barn for them!! 
HUGS
Darlene
   ~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: