Thursday, December 9, 2010

Everyday People's Cafe tonight

TONIGHT!! **** HOLIDAY ARTIST MARKET***** 5-9pm tonight!
I am making some toffee, pecan brittle, cookie boxes and my ornaments to name a few things that will be offered at the sale tonight!!
At least today is gonna be a bit better oustide, only snow flurries but tomorrow there is a 70% chance of a few inches and then again sunday!! YEAH!! 
KALAMAZOO NATURE CENTER in Kalamazoo is holding it's all locally made artist show on sat and I will be selling there too.  Lots of food gifts and also my dip mixes and treats to make your own holiday food gifts up.
So lots to get done in the next 2 days. 
Yesterday I didnt get a bunch of things done but made some white chocolate caramel cashew bars, some chocolate caramel minty bars, shortbread, my Grandma Rose's oatmeal raisin cookies,  brown sugar shortbreads that will be dipped in chocolate and some shortbreads dipped in chocolate and topped with toasted hazelnuts.
these are the little brown sugar shortbread flowers.




nice n golden brown and crispy


I just had to take some pics on the way home from the kitchen. 

This is about as good as I got to show how big the flakes were that were coming down! JUST GORGEOUS!!

This is the main road

So pretty

This is just before our driveway you can just see one of our farm signs on the right.
So I better get goin to do chores and then to the kitchen.  Pistachio bread will be made for tonight too.  We all make some hordourves for customers and snacks stop on by if yall are near the area from 5-9 tonight!!  Have a glass of local wine and some treats and shop in a fun, festive atmosphere and best of all all locally made gifts!!
Have a wonderful thurs!!
HUGS
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: