Sunday, November 27, 2011

one of my thrift store jars...

I did get a couple things done last night and finished this guy up using one of my .20 cent thrift store jars.  I made a round head snowman head and painted his face then did a nice coffee stain on him for that distressed aged look.
These jars are perfect for this.  You really cant see it but I did put a feather tree in the jar, attached down with some E 6000, some glittery snow flakes and a string of mini white lights.

On the front I speckeled it with snow and added a couple pieces of some scrapbook gem flourishes and the words let it snow.   

The cheesecloth scarf is perfect for him with a rusty star.

The black stovetop hat is just osnaburg fabric painted, sanded, and then rubbed with some cinnamon.  I have 6 more of these guys hanging on my clothesline in my craft studio drying, cant wait to make something with them next.  I also painted some old large spoons we found and basecoated some tins for painting snowmen on.  Lots to do today!!  Hope you have a wonderful sunday!
HUGS
Darlene
~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: