Monday, November 28, 2011

spoon ornies

I finished these guys up late last night and wanted to post em quick this morning.  Busy day at kitchen today I have 3 markets this week so candy making and baking today and hopefully time in my studio when I get back! 
I bought this big box of old silverware at a flea market this summer and there was only 2 big spoons in the whole box, at least my mom and I found some at the thrift stores this weekend so I could make more.  I do have 6 more on my work table right now that are drying.  It takes a bit but after sanding and basecoating this guys are fun to do.
Obviously this batch was just snowmen but the next ones are with sheep too. 

I bend the handle part of the spoon back and make a twine hanger with little homespun tie.

quicky took a pic of em hanging off a box in my studio.   A rusy bell is attached to a litle curled wire embellishement.

Some glitter and on a couple I used some tiny little stickers from in my scrap stash. 

They are coated with lots of triple thick glaze and some teeny tiny shimmery glitter.  Happy with the way they turned out.  I will be back later to share another round head snowman creation and also hopefully the other spoons will be finished.
Have a great monday!!
Hugs
Darlene

~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: