Monday, November 14, 2011

Sweet tater pie sew many ways blog WEEK 40

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY MONDAY!!  Oh what an absolutely fun fabo monday it has been!!    WHY?????? because I have been working in my studio since 6 this am!!  and just finished up a bunch of new ornies and soldered pendants. 
First off I want to share my Grandma Rose's sweet tater pie with pecan struesel topping recipe!!  Over at "Sew Many Ways" it is pie week so here we go!! this one is yummy! 
Grandma Rose's Sweet Tater Pie
4 sweet taters
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 lg eggs
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 12oz can evaporated milk
pie crust of your choice (this makes 2 9in pies)

Cook taters until tender, cool throughly.
Remove peels from taters when cool, place in mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
Add sugar, mixing well, then add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one.  Add cinnamon and vanilla, blend well.  Reduce to low and add milk.  Divide into pie unbaked pie crusts. 
Struesel topping:
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger)
Blend with 2 knives or pastry blender to blend into cource crumbs.
Top pies and bake in preheated oven 425 degrees for 30-40 min.
Take out and cool, top with some homemade whipped cream or ice cream.

I will be making this next week or my csa and also for at home.

So I will be back in a bit to post pics of what I have been working on today.
Have a great afternoon!!
HUGS
Darlene

~~LIVE LIFE JOYFULLY~~and SIMPLY~~

No comments: